[Gpdd] Health: re: cystitis

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 22:16:05 EST 2005

Hi Juliette

My pigs have had cystitis quite a bit. Hopefully, it
is just an infection. She could have bladder stones.
Did he take an x-ray to see if there was stones?
I have one that got stones after several infections.
Has she cried or whinned when she pees?

Some bladder infections are hard to get rid of. Mine
take tribrissen and it works well. My vet always has
me give it to them for 14 days. I will give it longer
if the symptoms are still there. The dosage that you
are using is a low dose. Mine always take 0.4ml every
12 hours. My bigger pig gets a dosage of 0.7ml every
12 hours. She is also the one with stones.

If she gets loose stools, you can buy some children's
kaopetate from Wal-mart. Just give her the childrens'
dose twice a day until the stools are forming again.
If you give her some yoghart after the antibiotic, it
will replace the good bacteria that the antibiotic is
taking out.
You can, also, buy Bene-Bac pet gel that is a source
of live naturally occurring microorganisms. This will
do better than the yoghart. I always keep a tube on
hand. I bought mine on line from chinworld.com. I'm
sure you can buy it other places as well.

Dawnda Stricklen

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven

The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.