[Gpdd] misc: "piggie bags"

Erin Lisa Butler-Simmons veeweemama at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 1 01:25:03 EST 2005

Just a quick anecdote that fellow slaves can relate to. Today (New Years Eve) was my hubby and I's 10 year wedding anniversary. He surprised me with a visit to a spa for a massage and a facial. (Definately a treat, my first time at age 37) Anyway, afterwards, we had another hour to kill before the babysitter was expecting us, so we stopped at the restaurant "Chilis" for dinner. I ordered the Asian lettuce wraps. They gave me so much dark green lettuce and carrot shreds that I wasn't able to eat it all. Being New Years Eve, the waitress was very busy, and I was never able to get a "to go" box from her. However, being the environmentalist that I am, I could not bring myself to waste those veggies, knowing that my piggers would love them.

So, I just "happened" to have a ziplock baggie in my purse (being the prepared slave that I am!)  and whipped it out and filled it up. My hubby was mortified and informed me that some college kids nearby were pointing and calling me a "bag Lady"! How funny. He was so embarrassed!!!!

But, I got home and the piggers didn't think I was crazy at all, Sunstroke even licked my face as I was giving her a treat from Chili's!!!! Happy New Year to all you slaves and piggers!
Erin and the herd (always remembering Spirit and Max)