[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: condolences to Nellie

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Tue Jan 4 20:28:28 EST 2005

Nellie, how sad to hear that all of your neutered piggies passed away
within six months of the procedure.  Yes, it sounds like it definitely
could be a problem with the anesthetic.  Perhaps people on the list who are
in your area could recommend another vet to you.  We send our condolences
on the passings of your piggies.

In regard to your question about piggies and rabbits, we had a male
Netherland dwarf rabbit, E.B. White, who was good friends with several of
our piggies.  E.B. was very good-natured and very small, though, only about
two pounds, so he didn't outweigh any of our piggies.  Also, although he
had floortime with the piggies, they didn't share a cage with him.

As far as two male piggies getting along, our Joey, an older male piggie,
was very accepting of getting a younger "brother," Remie, and then two
younger brothers, Sunshine and Tumbleweed, after Remie passed away.  We
made sure to introduce them in a neutral area, which no pig had claimed as
his territory (in our case, the middle of the kitchen floor).  Luckily
there was no arguing or biting, just curiosity about who the other piggies
were.  We gradually let them have more and more floortime with one another
before eventually letting all share the same cage.

Hope this helps.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all sick piggies and their humans.

Sadly,
Cindy, Joey G., Sunshine, and Tumbleweed