[Gpdd] Misc:Rabbits and Guinea pigs.

Jackie Bickers jackie3492 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 15:43:44 EST 2005

Hi all-
I really don't think that rabbits and guinea pigs should be housed together.
I had a rabbit who loved visiting my pigs, either in joint floor time or
just hanging out by the pig cages during her own floor time. She was a
Netherland dwarf, but her size and strength really outweighed that of my
pigs. A well meaning rabbit could get too playful and kick and really cause
harm to a pig. Dwarves are small, but they are still very strong for thier
size. The rabbit tore me up with scratching a couple of times..not even
meaning to.  I would hate to see what would happen if rabbit claws came in
contact with an ear or eye of a pig. Not only that, their nutrition needs
are very different, it would do neither one of them any good to eat the
others food. So I think while some floor time toghther might be alright, I
would never put them in an enclosed space together.

Jackie- And Jasmine, Simon, Jezebel, Sabrina, Rusty and Lucy (and Shadow the
rabbit, who now lives with my niece and brother in a much larger apartment.)