[Gpdd] Health-Mycoplasmosis & General questions

Morticia44 at aol.com Morticia44 at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 14:48:15 EST 2005

Hi all,

Pigies are napping so I thought I'd write a few lines and ask some questions.
First does anyone have pet fancy rats along with guinea pigs?(not in the same
cage) and I have been reading alot about an organism called mycoplasmosis, a
contagious respiatory infection in rats, just wondering if it can be passed on
from rats to piggies? Also now that Sydney did his "manly" duty and made
Fiona a mother I want to have him neutered, I would like to know of some of your
experiences with the neutering, the aftercare, and how I can go about putting
Sydney back in the cage with Fiona when he is post op.

I also found out that Fiona gave birth to a girl and a boy, so now I have to
separate the boy from the others. Also have any of you used or are using a 2
story cage with a ramp? Your thoughts on these cages? I am afraid the guinea
pig will get scared by a noise when he is on the 2nd story and fall to the
bottom hurting himself. Also what is a good age to have our new little boy gp
neutered he was born Dec.18, 04 and still in the cage with mom and his sister Holly.

Any information would be appreciated. You can email me directly at
Morticia44 at aol.com

Raina