[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE - A Tribute To Patches

DebraStory at aol.com DebraStory at aol.com
Fri Jan 7 20:47:54 EST 2005

It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my dear Patches.  We
treated him for over a month for Pneumonia and made a couple of trips to the
veteranarian for advice and medicine.  He was also syringe fed during this time
since he would not eat on his own.  We discovered later (after he had lost a
great deal of weight) that he also had a large tumor, presumably cancer.  He
was too weak by then to risk surgery of any kind, so we tried to make him a
comfortable as possible for the time he had left.  He spent his last days with a
reptile heating pad under his cage to provide him more warmth and to make him
more comfortable.  Finally he refused even syringe feeding or drinking and
would spit out everything we tried to give him. He passed in the early morning of
January 7, 2005.  I will always remember Patches as being the most "laid
back" and lovable guinea pig I have ever known.  He would gladly wear cute little
hats, scarves, etc. for special occasions and never once complained or nipped
when he was handled.  I fell in love with him when I first saw him at a pet
store and just had to take him home.  He would look up at me when I held him
with his soulful brown eyes and would just melt my heart.  He loved life and
fought back from several other illnesses over his short four year life span.  He
loved the other piggies as well and got along with everyone and every pig.  He
was so very special and it broke my heart to lose him.  I am only glad that
his suffering is now over and that he can now be well and play again at the
Rainbow Bridge. He will be greatly missed!  Thanks to all of you who sent your
best wishes during his time of illness.
With great sorrow,  Debra, Peanut, Pumpkin and Calico