[Gpdd] MISC - Response to Deb

Comcast Mail pkduffy at comcast.net
Sat Jan 8 23:21:01 EST 2005

Hi Deb. I am responding to your comment: "I would just like to see the
Digest become more concerned about abused, homeless pigs & less involved in
toys for pigs that already have lots of stuff."  I think it is a great idea.
And perhaps around the holiday we should ask if members want to give to a
certain charity (like the Colorado one), citing their affiliation with GPDD.
I do, however, think that just because people choose to participate in the
Secret Santa and/or Secret Valentine Piggie events, it is wrong to assume
they are not involved in abused and homeless pigs.  I know many GPDD members
contacted the University about the parachute case.  And I have given to the
Maryland shelter (that housed all the pigs taken in an awful abuse case) and
Cavy Care, Inc. because of things I read on GPDD.  In fact, I budget as much
as I can yearly to give to animal-related charities.  But I also
participated in the Secret Santa and thoroughly enjoyed it, partly because
it got me communicating with some very nice piggie owners (not to mention
Guinness really loved his hay feeder).  I guess what I am saying, in a
long-winded fashion, is I think folks can send gifts / cards to GPDD piggies
and still be concerned / active about abused piggies.  The former certainly
does not preclude the latter.

Regards - Priscilla and Guinness