[Gpdd] BREEDING: Babies...

MpTBaggy at aol.com MpTBaggy at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 17:11:58 EST 2005

Nevermind about the pre-birth question...she had them no more than  an hour
after I sent the post!  She did great, no problems at all.   Gave birth to
THREE beautiful pups, and they're already running around checking  everything out!

Here's the birthing story...(LOL)

I had gone into the kitchen to put away my coffee cup, and saw  something
weird in the cage, that I knew I hadn't put there.  I walked  over, and screamed
for my husband...there was this little "wet thing" lying  covered in shavings,
trying to move.  I looked around for the mom, she was  hiding in the corner,
cleaning another one off.  I got an old  soft baby towel and started wiping
the first one off, and asked my hubby to  get a box, and line it with some
towels.  I put them over in there, along  with mom, and watch her do her mommy
duties.  He went to get the older  cage, cleaned it out, and lined it with towels,
so they would have more  space.  About that time, here comes #3!  After she
got the face  cleaned off, we moved them over into the other cage.  They
immediately  started moving about, checking out their surroundings.  They're soooo
cute!  I hate this comparison, but they actually look like baby hamsters,
without the tails, of course.

Mom and babies are doing great, will keep you posted.  If  there is any
additional info, hints, suggestions, or advice you'd like to offer,  please do so!
There is NEVER too much information regarding these  wonderful animals!

Marilyn, Chiana, and her beautiful  pups..