[Gpdd] Misc: Ingredients for pellets

Ana-Luisa analuisa at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jan 10 03:19:51 EST 2005

I wrote to the people who make the best guinea pig pellets we can get in
Sydney, Australia (Peters). The pellets are endorsed by the RSPCA. Anyway i
asked for the ingredients and this is the response i got:

Thankyou for your inquiry. Our Lucerne pellets contain ground cereal grains,
such as wheat, barley and oats, legumes ,ie peas, lucerne meal, vitamins and
minerals. Your guinea pig will enjoy them or one of our mixed foods that
also contain whole and crushed grains. Our products are available from
Woolworths/ safeway and Coles supermarkets.

 Regards,

Peter Beischer

not only is this vague but I love how he says that my pigs will enjoy them,
which is probably true, but he never mentions the nutritional value, which
would be low, especially for the mixed foods.

Unluckily these are the best we get here as far as i know. Aussie people, do
you know of any better ones? The ones that doctor harry (popular tv
vet)endorses are terrible and full of seeds.

Thought it may be interesting.

Ana