[Gpdd] HEALTH: more feed ??'s

Whistle Ridge whistleridge at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 10 15:02:58 EST 2005

Oops, forgot to ask about beet pulp!  I know I've seen it mentioned here before...and I think it was mentioned as something not-so-good to feed to GP's.  However, I can't help but wonder...I used beet pulp to help keep weight on a hard keeper horse that I used to have.  It was AMAZING how it helped.  Beet Pulp comes bagged dry in a thick pellet form, and you add water to soak it overnight until it expands to it's full size.  Obviously, feeding it dry would be VERY dangerous, because it would then expand INSIDE the animal.  Of course, Chloe probably would hate it, but I've been putting some thought into whether it would work or not.  Any suggestions for me about WHY beet pulp is bad for GP's  and if it can be used at all???

Michelle Melaragno
Whistle Ridge Animal Assisted Programs
Whistle Ridge Guinea Pig Rescue
576 Trapp Road