[Gpdd] [HEALTH] No Moving Piggie

Godfreys godfreys at uslink.net
Mon Jan 10 20:30:47 EST 2005

I need some advice (again!)  You regular readers will remember back in November-December My Pig-Pig girl went 2 plus weeks hardly eating anything at all.  I was syringe feeding her baby food and water and juice.  After 3 trips to the vet and 3 different meds he finally gave her 2 BIG injections of what he called "go juice" (vitamins and fluids he said)  and a couple days later she was acting more like her old self again.  But....  she has never fully recovered.  She eats and drinks ok and begs for handouts everychance she gets.  She has put the lost weight back on (no more ribs sticking out - thank goodness - nothing worse then a skinny piggie!)  but she has no get up and go.  During floor time she used to cruise around and explore - now she just sits where ever you sit her and dosn't move a twitch until you pick her up, no matter how long you leave her out.  She moves around her cage just fine - walks not hops (I know hopping can be a sign of problems)    Do you guys think she suffered some long term disabilty because of the length of her illness?  I'm not sure I want to take her back to vet again just because she dosn't want to exersice (in that case I should be seen also!)  but she's only a year and half and she acts like she 99!  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ann and a very lazy Pig-Pig