[Gpdd] [CARE] Comforting a baby guinea pig

Morticia44 at aol.com Morticia44 at aol.com
Mon Jan 10 21:10:54 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

I tried to separate Hunter from his mother Fiona and sister Holly this
weekend. That has to be one of the hardest things I have had to do. All he does is
high pitched squeel/squeak, he tries to get in his food bowl to see his mother
and sister in the other cage. He is only 3 weeks old.

Is there anything I can do to ease this transition for him? I put a little
stuffed animal in the cage with him and a few toys with his mothers scent on it.
I have the cages next to each other so he can see mom and sis.

I would put his sister in with him but I'm afraid he would get her pregnant.
I have tried petting him and talking to him, soft classical music.

I don't know who is taking this harder him or me. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Raina and my piggies