[Gpdd] Health: update on Pinky

Renee Bostic pineappleprincess at comcast.net
Mon Jan 10 22:30:06 EST 2005

It has been awhile since I posted about Pinky.

We got Pinky and her sister (now at the rainbow bridge) in 1998. We were
told they were about a year old so I believe Pinky is close to 8 years old.
She has not lost anymore hair but the hair she lost has not grown back. She
is very alert for her age. But the recent thing that has happened lately is
that she has lost the use of her back legs. She does pull herself sometimes
to different places in the cage. Her cagemate Theadora nudges her when we
come with their veggies. That is because her back is to you. I don't  think
it is because of low calcium or vit C because she is getting what she should
be. I am thinking that it is old age.

Leigh, Thank you for the condolences about Penny. Thought I would finally
put in an update about Pinky.

I (the slave) had some medical issues in Nov but doing fine now after
surgery just before Thanksgiving.

Sorry for the long post. I just know that Pinky will not be with us much
longer even though she is doing fine otherwise. She still does squeak
sometimes when she pees.

Renee Bostic