[Gpdd] Health: petsmart

Jennifer Langer fairydancer at loveable.com
Tue Jan 11 17:48:04 EST 2005

Jessica,
I always dislike hearing about mistreated animals. I used to work at Petco, and I am assuming Petsmart is much the same. It is discouraging that the manager gave you a lame response, but as a customer you have the right to go over their head! They do have maintenance standards they are required by both company policy and laws to uphold. It is the manager's responisibility to see the affected animals are taken to a vet or treated immediately. You can always call their Customer Service Center, toll free, at (800) 872-3773. I got that form petsmart.com. I do every time I see a problem, and it usually gets pretty quick results.

Also, I used to work as a retail store manager. If a customer was ever dissatisfied with our service I was required to give them the customer service number, and my district managers number if they asked for it. You may want to go back and demand they give you the phone number of their supervisor. They HAVE to answer to someone. Store managers must be held accountable, especially when the lives of animals are at stake. I hope this helps you.

Adam and Jennifer, and PB, Bob Bob, and Boar-is

"To find a beautiful thing, look with an open mind and heart."