[Gpdd] Health: Re: Critical Care

Carrie Mooser ddsaylor20 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 16:20:30 EST 2005

I need some advice please!  I have five pigs coming in
tomorrow.  The owner is a lady having to get out of a
domestic problem and can't keep any of her animals
right now.  I agreed to help with the pigs.  One of
the pigs has had lice and has been to a vet.  I will
be contacting the vet has soon as I get the info, but
I'm a little concerned by what I've heard so far.
Apparently, the vet admistered something for the lice
and the pig started having seizures, so he adminstered
an anti-seizure drug.  Don't know anything else, but
any advice or ideas?  Will let you all know what else
I find out tomorrow.  I'm afraid the vet isn't fimilar
with pigs, and gave it something bad.
Carrie