[Gpdd] Health: Re: Poo

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 12:17:48 EST 2005

Hello Slaves!
I read Liz's message below and wondered
about my Butterscotch, because he always
seems to have a Poo hanging out of his
butt too. Does that mean he could have
impaction problems??? He's not 'stopped
up' or anything like that, because Brownie
Bear and he have totally different poo's.
His are a lot Bigger than hers and when
I clean up I see plenty of his poopies. So,
I know he's pooping, and he's pooping a lot!
Half the time when I pick him up, a poo
falls from his bum. And then other times,
I'll pick him up and I'll feel the poo,
so I'll sort of tap it, and then it falls
out.

By the way, Butterscotch is neutered, so
I don't know if impaction is more or less
common in neutered pigs (???).

Oh, and Butterscotch wanted the Girlie Pigs
to know he was neutered because he's a Lady's
Pig!!

   Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
      Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear &
                        Butterscotch :-)

One of my foster pigs (Rod) is a neutered male.  He
always seems to have a poo part way out of his rear
end.  I had read about this problem in an earlier
digest, but had deleted it before I got him.  As I
recall, it was fairly common in older males and was
called compaction or something like that.  Could
someone supply me with that info again?  Thanks!

-Liz