[Gpdd] MISC. - Response to PJ and Rodney

pkduffy at comcast.net pkduffy at comcast.net
Thu Jan 13 14:39:11 EST 2005

Hey PJ.  I am sorry things seem so difficult right now; your family situation sounds less than ideal.  And, although I am 43, I still remember my early teen years as being really hard.  I am sure Rodney likes you.  But I am wondering if he has enough space to run around, especially if he does not get "floor time."  I also think it is a little alarming he got away and was under the house the other day.  It is really important to have a daily routine with him where you spend 20 minutes or more holding him (or, if he can not come out of the cage, then petting him in the cage), talking softly with him, and maybe feeding him a "treat"  (carrot, spinach, etc.).  I am sure he will be responsive to that treatment.

Having said all this, my pig Guinness can be an entitled, demanding, pain in the rump who may go a day or two without being particularly friendly.  In fact, sometimes he is just grumpy and will nip/bite me for no particular reason. When that happens, I simply count to three and tell him "no" in a stern voice.  But then within a minute I am smooching him...I sometimes think Guinness is too cute for his own good.

Anyway, I hope things start going better for you.

Priscilla

Hey Slaves and pigs. It's me again PJ. I don't think my pig, Rodney, likes me
very much. I don't think anyone really likes me. Just figure out Tom Thumb won't
hire me because you have to be 16, and I am 13. I just wanted Rodney to like me
as much as you guys pigs like you. I feel reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaal depressed right
now. Am I so horrible to be around that not even a guinea pig would like me? Oh
well... How can I get him to like me? I can't play with him as I stated earlier.
Now I can't go over my mom's house at all which is highly unfair. It sucks here.
The only thing I like here is Rodney and he doesn't like me. I spent all of my
few dollars TRYING to make him happy, but nothing is ever happy with me. If only I could go over my mom's house. I guess some of you out there probably don't like me now for wasting your time with my story. Sorry.