[Gpdd] [Health] Heart Disease

Nena Sechler Craven nenacraven at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 11:06:35 EST 2005

Hello,
Moe had a rough night last night :-(
It ended with a trip to an emergency center, and a
diagnosis of heart failure.  His heart is greatly
enlarged, and pushing on his lungs making it hard for
him to breathe.  The vet put him on lasix to ease the
fluid, and that got him eating again.  He's drinking
on his own a little and getting water from a syringe
to make sure he doesn't dehydrate.  He even popcorned
a teeny bit this morning, he's such a fighter!  But
daddy slave and I are worried sick.  Does anyone know
where I can get more info on how this will affect a
guinea pig in the long term, and what kind of regular
care he'll need?  Guinealynx didn't have anything I
didn't already know, and a google search just turned
up research on human heart disease, with testing on
guinea pigs (grrrr....).  Any info would be much
appreciated.  Thanks,
Nena