[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Sugar is now with Piglet

Laurie-Jean Gombar lj at theurnstudio.com
Fri Jan 14 18:08:02 EST 2005

Hi!
I have been lettting you all know how Sugar, the 7+yr old energizer
piggy has been doing over the past few months.  I am sad to say that she
passed on Friday evening at 5pm (1/14/05).  I noticed she was lying
under a pillow... And  that her body was limp but she was still alive,
so I held her and cuddled her.  I happened to be giving a key to someone
who was going to come and watch the animals as we were going  to be out
of town due to a death in Bill's family.  I am glad it happened when I
was home and not gone on a trip.
Sugar started her life because someone wanted to breed a curly haired
rex, like sheep fur.. As I am told.  I found her in a
feed/lawncare/grain/craft/household item shop- at the same place I
bought Piglet.  As I would come in monthly (for Piglet's food), I would
still see her in a tiny ~10x16 aquarium and hope that she would soon be
adopted.  6 months later when I came in and she was still there I said,
"That is it, you are coming home with me."  I had then moved in with
Bill and we had a bigger place.  Piglet then had a roomate after he went
to the vet.
She spent the next 6+ years of her life in luxury- eating as much
lettuce and other veggies and fruits as she could get her mouth on.
Even to the end, this afternoon, she came out to get something from
me... And I noticed her morning greens were still there, so I gave her a
leaf of romaine.  This evening, about 4pm, I tried reviving her spirit
with some parsely, but she did not seem to want it.. Just shallow
breathing.
Her fur was really thinning out, she was bald in certain areas of her
body... She was battling bumble foot- yet cerainly spunky up until the
last day.  In the past, she had suffered uti- a stroke... And other
illnesses throughought her stay with me, and managed to keep on going.
Each morning we would wake up and there she would be, ready for the next
handout.  Even this morning as I woke up and had the baby in my arms, I
marveled at her perserverence, going back and forth in her dwelling...
Walker, my 9 month old son was watching her too.
So long Sugar, give Piglet a hug for me...
LJ