[Gpdd] Health: Cocoa's hair loss

alicia rogers aliciac.rogers at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 14 23:19:55 EST 2005

Hey - just a thought on Cocoa's missing patch of hair.   If you're sure that it is just a war wound and not a parasite of any kind, I have used just an otc antibacterial gel on CocoPuff.  She came to me with a large scab on her bum and her front elbow.  The vet checked her out and said it was just a sore and would heal up on it's own.  I guess he realized that I needed to DO something, so he said I could use the gel.  I used just a no-name brand triple antibiotic ointment a couple of times a day and it worked well.  CocoPuff healed up and all her hair grew back, although it did take awhile.   I keep the tube in my little guinea pig medicine bag just in case.

Alicia, CocoPuff and Trix