[Gpdd] announcement: to PJ

Kskosich at aol.com Kskosich at aol.com
Fri Jan 14 23:16:09 EST 2005

PJ, don't worry if your guinea pig Rodney doesn't seem affectionate.   The
Digest is full of people who knock themselves out bringing veggie treats to
their piggies who just grab the treat and run.  Just keep bringing  those bits of
cucumber, parsley, celery and romaine.  When I was young, I  used to feel bad
when our pets ran to my mother.  She used to say, "Well,  believe me, they
don't like me for my personality!  They like me because I  feed them."

If it makes you feel any better, my piggie Beatrice absolutely  LOATHES my
husband.  He has built hutches and little tables for  her and always gives her
romaine as soon as he gets up in the morning.   But, Bea has never forgotten
that he once kissed her when he had beer  breath.  When I tell Bea "Daddy's
home" she stuffs her head in my elbow and  disappears under her mop of white hair.
 Good luck with Rodney and enjoy  getting to know his personality.  --Kathy S