[Gpdd] health : heart failure

Chizeck, Susan P chizeck at utdallas.edu
Fri Jan 14 16:11:59 EST 2005

My little runt piggie Panda got an enlarged heart and fluid around the
heart near the end of her 3 year old life.  The doctor put her on lasix
and she lived about six months after that, far longer than anyone
expected.  With the lasix she did just fine until the very last few days
when she slowed down.  Moe may not have a long time, but lasix can help
him and give you a bit more time with your precious piggie.  It's
possible it could even cure him, you never know.  It depends on the
underlying cause of the heart failure.  Sending healing wheeks and love
to you and Moe.

Sue Chizeck

Message: 13