[Gpdd] MISC: Announcements and other

Horsesaavy82 at aol.com Horsesaavy82 at aol.com
Sun Jan 16 01:57:27 EST 2005

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a good weekend so far. I  have an
exciting announcement, tomarrow afternoon we (me and my boyfriend Drew)  get to
pick up Licorice!!! She is the piggy I fell in love with at this adoption
site, and we get to bring her home tomarrow!!!! I am SOO excited.
 Does anyones piggy think they are a bird? Bailey LOVES to hop up onto  my my
shoulder and perch there. It's so cute. Of course I make sure I sit in a
high backed chair to make sure she won't fall off.
 I have sort of a silly question about guinea pig sounds, all of the  piggies
I had seemed to make a growling sound when I pet them, especially around
their lower backs. Someone told me it was called tilling, and that they hate
being petted there. So I didn't do it often, but someone else told me it was
purring and that they love what you are doing. So I don't know if I am annoying
my piggies or making them happy? Can anyone help me on this matter, for
Bailey's  sake?

Here are some links to a couple of shelters in my area, one rescues dogs
cats piggies and a lot of other animals, and one is just for piggies and works
closely with the humane society in Saint Louis, and this particular location
takes very good care of piggies and other small and furry animals.

_http://www.waysidewaifs.org/_ (http://www.waysidewaifs.org/)

_http://www.freewebs.com/guineapigrescue/_
(http://www.freewebs.com/guineapigrescue/)  -  This is were I am adopting Licorice from!!!

Have a good wheekend everyone!

PS - I just wanted to agree, I have horses too and it is uncanny how  similar
they are to horses, yet very different as well! Just a neat  thought.