[Gpdd] Health: Angel

Jennifer Langer fairydancer at loveable.com
Sun Jan 16 17:40:12 EST 2005

CJ, I don't have any experience in this kind of fall. It sounds like it might be more than shock. If you haven't already, I would immediately take her to a vet just to have a thorough check up done.

Most importantly, if she's not eating on her own you need to handfeed her. I know from experience how quickly they lose weight if they aren't eating by themselves. You can ask you vet for critical care by Oxbow or go to http://www.oxbowhay.com/index.sp  and order some yourself. It will help her keep some weight on until she is able to eat on her own. Until then, my homemade batch consists of blending up alfalfa pellets, pedialyte, veggie baby food, and lots of her favorite fresh veggies. The pedialyte will help hydrate her and the alfalfa pellets contain lots of protein to help her keep her weight up. You can also email the folks at http://www.gpdd.org/dsn.html . They were very helpful to me when I needed advice for my sick Piggies. Good luck! Please let me know how Angel is doing. I will keep her in my prayers.

Adam and Jennifer, and PB, Bob Bob, and Boar-is

"To find a beautiful thing, look with an open mind and heart."