[Gpdd] MISC. - new books

ROYCE LARSON COTTON_COWBOYS at msn.com
Mon Jan 17 15:31:40 EST 2005

Hi,

     I'm having such fun! In November I ordered three book from Amazon: Piggy Potions and The Proper Care of Guinea Pigs by Peter Gurney and The Grown-up's Guide to Guinea Pigs by Dale Sigler. I'd read Sigler's book several months ago when I got it from the library but I wanted my own copy. Last Friday the Sigler book and Proper Care book came with the Potions book backordered. Pete Gurney's book is worth the price for the pictures alone and I'm enjoying it immensely.

     Regarding a recent question someone had about guinea pigs being sensitive around their rumps, Gurney writes," The area off-limits is the rump. Most guinea pigs are very intolerant of human fingers, or even their own kind, touching the lower back and the bottom."
     The book is so well-written and entertaining. It makes me want to go out and buy a dozen more piggies!

Carla and Bud