[Gpdd] [MISC] Angel crossed Rainbow Bridge

CJfromVa at aol.com CJfromVa at aol.com
Tue Jan 18 01:04:52 EST 2005

I wasn't sure which category to put this in, so I apologize if I'm posting in
the wrong topic area.

My condolences to those who have recently lost their piggies. It's not
difficult to form an incredible bond with our adorable, loving little creatures.
And when they graze in the sun-washed fields of hay and clover, they forever
have a place in our hearts.

Well, I've been putting this off for long enough, so here it is...

Thank you to everyone who offered their support and advice to help me help
Angel through her injuries.  You guys are awesome, I got so many emails!  I
followed your advice and tried to syringe her feed crushed pellets, baby food,
pumpkin, water, pedialyte, and aspirin but it was too little too late.
Unfortunately, because of my inaction and stupidity (I should have rushed her to a vet
as soon as I got up on Saturday), Angel crossed Rainbow Bridge early Saturday
evening.  Even if her injuries were too far great for medical intervention,
they could have at least given her something to make her comfortable during the
last few hours of her life.  I'm having a hard time forgiving myself for that
because I know she suffered until the end.  As you might recall, I didn't think
I would be able to bond with Angel after the loss of Katie.  Well, let me
tell you, I did.  I came to appreciate her own little personality.  I will miss
her "Feed me" wheeks and our cuddle time together.

I have learned a painful lesson on the care of injured piggies.

Sincerely,
CJ and Ginger-pig

"Adieu, Adieu, parting is such sweet sorrow."