[Gpdd] Behavior: Re: One dependant little piggie

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 12:27:44 EST 2005

Tara,
Wow! I read your message about Muffy
and Ginger and it was like I was reading
about my Brownie Bear and Butterscotch.
Brownie Bear is kind-of shy like Muffy
(although she's really come out of her
shell over the years). She's still pretty
reserved though. And my Butterscotch is
super, duper Social like Ginger. And
B'scotch LOVES B-Bear. B-Bear likes
B'scotch, but I think she tolerates him
more than anything. They occassionally
bicker because B'scotch tries to have
'adult time' with BB and she'll have to
smack him a couple of times to put him
back in his place. :-)

Now, I know you can't keep Muffy & Ginger
out of their cage all of the time, but I
do think that having my piggies free-range
definitely helps. How big is their cage?
Maybe they just need a little bit bigger
cage. Just a thought. I know that piggies
can get a little cranky if they need more
space. I keep mine in a 2x4 C&C cage. I
would love to have a bigger cage, but Daddy
Slave probably wouldn't approve.

Now, you said that if they are separated
that Ginger cries, right? Butterscotch
sort of does the same thing, although he
whines instead of cries. But, if I scoop
him up quickly and take him into the living
room where he can't see B-Bear, then he's
usually okay. Then I can pet him and he
eventually lays down (and sometimes falls
asleep). Also, I give them laptime together
now. I smoosh them together and lay on the
couch with them both on my chest. B-Bear
doesn't really like to share me, but she
won't usually complain too much. B'scotch,
on the other hand is sooooooo Happy to be
that close to her. He's in Heaven. ha ha

Well, I don't know if that helps you any.
Hopefully, some other Slaves have given
you some ideas too.

   Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeps,
     Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear &