[Gpdd] Health: Colds

Jennifer Langer fairydancer at loveable.com
Thu Jan 20 20:38:19 EST 2005

Jennifer,
Sometimes I have found that the bedding I put in the cage can cause sneezing with some Piggies. Make sure you aren't using pine or cedar. Some Guinea pigs also react to aspen so if you rule out a cold, changing that may help.

I always take my Piggies in to a vet when I notice these kind of symptoms. This is also a very good idea since you just got him 3 weeks ago. Check-ups will help you establish whether he has got any noise in his lungs, as well as a general look at his health. If you don't have an exotic animals vet yet, try calling a local shelter or guinea pig rescue. I found a couple great vets through this site: http://www.aracnet.com/cgi-usr/seagull/vetfinder.cgi . In my experience, it is better to get them to a vet right away if you are unsure. At least then you will have a valid second opinion.

Jennifer and Adam, and PB, Bob Bob, and Boar-is

"To find a beautiful thing, look with an open mind and heart."