[Gpdd] Misc: treat recipe

Jennifer Langer fairydancer at loveable.com
Fri Jan 21 17:17:45 EST 2005

Erica, Coco & Tootsie,
I can't remember where I saw this, but I thought this recipe sounded pretty good. I copied this exactly as I found it.

Vegetarian Biscuits

2 cups whole wheat flower
1 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup shredded apple
1 cup warm water
2T. honey
Mix into a fairly stiff dough...if the mixture is not firm like a bread dough, add some more whole wheat flower. Roll to 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface and then, using a cookie cutter or a small paring knife...cut into shapes. I use a carrot shape. Bake in a 350 degree oven (Fahrenheit) for 9-12 minutes. Until edges are crispy. Let them cool and store in an air-tight container. These cookies will last about 2 weeks. You can also freeze them for longer storage. It simply depends on the size of your herd.

Hope your Piggies like it!
Jennifer and Adam, and PB, Bob Bob, and Boar-is

"To find a beautiful thing, look with an open mind and heart."