[Gpdd] HEALTH: Remembering K. C. *Comment about vomiting GPs*

Lisa Choiniere lmchoiniere at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 22 13:38:05 EST 2005

I just read about K.C. and I am very sorry to hear about your loss but you mentioned that guinea pigs are not physically able to throw up? That is not true! I know because while getting my boys neutered, they react to the anesthesia and as they are going down to sleep they vomit and the vet has to be careful to suction it so they don't get aspiration pneumonia. My sister is a Licensed Vet Tech and has been there through all of my piggie's surgeries for that reason specifically, to make sure they get suctioned after they vomit.

Also, on a different topic completely, anyone know of a fatty acid supplement for GPs with really dry skin? My Zippy has horribly dry skin and he doesn't have mites, or running lice, or ringworm. I give him Aveeno baths periodically (he also loves to swim so he doesn't mind this part) and that will help for a day or two but then he gets all dry again and he will itch until he scratches himself open.

Thanks! Lisa, Jacob, Callie, Mina, Zippy, Wesley and all of my fosters at Wheeks and Squeaks