[Gpdd] Misc...K.C. and new piggie

James Lynn jimmarg.lynn at juno.com
Sat Jan 22 16:43:07 EST 2005

Saturday; 4:25 P.M.

Hi Corrine,

I just read your post on the GPDD.  K.C will always remain very special
to you and even though he is on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge he
still remains in your heart.  Your new piggie (by the way.....what is his
name?) will never replace K.C. but there is space in heart for another
piggie that needs love and attention.

You are wise in having a piggie and this special time in your life.
About six years ago I was fighting mental depression and was getting
counseling and taking a ton of medication.  What actually worked best for
me is when I found an add in the paper that said someone wanted to give
away their guinea pig to a good home.  I went and picked up Koko and he
became the center and focus of my life for the next six years.  He played
a great role in helping me getting a grip on life and pulling me out of
the depression.  In the meantime, I seemed to have found four  more
piggies that needed a home and some loving.

Due to old age taking its toll, I am now down to two piggies.  However, I
am going to a Rescue I just found out about so by this time tomorrow I
may be be up to three piggies.

As you can tell, I firmly believe that piggies are very therapeutic.  You
may have read my story a few weeks ago on the GPDD, but in Sept. of 2001
we had two Japanese girls staying with us and they went to New York on
Sept. 10th to spend a few days.  They saw the planes crash into the World
Trade Center.  I was very nervous until they were able to call me the
next day and say they were okay.  It took them a week to get back to my
home in S.W. Michigan and when I met them at the airport they were both
emotional wrecks.

When we got back to my home they both immediately sat down on the floor
and played with the guinea pigs for several hours.....petting them and
holding them.  The piggies seemed to know that the girls were troubled.
After a few hours the girls could relax and tell us about their
experience.

So anyway........enough of my chattering.  Piggies are therapeutic and I
love 'em.

Jim..........Sassy Suzy and Ginger