[Gpdd] rainbow bridge: Scabbers

Erin Lisa Butler-Simmons veeweemama at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 20:51:38 EST 2005

It is with a wailing, angry, screaming, grieving heart that I must announce the passing of yet another one of the 3 little flea market piggies. Last night Scabbers was his gorgeous, fabulous self. Running and popcorning like crazy. He was rattling the side of his C& C cage waiting for his treats. He got them, and some loving from Mommy slave.

This morning I found him with his face to the corner and stiff as a board. His cage-mate, Beano, was sitting next to him looking kind of bewildered. Scabbers was less than a year old and so beautiful. I have no idea why he died, other than that horrible flea market breeder I rescued him from that took him away from his momma before he was 2 weeks old. Mothers milk is so important in building up the piggers immune system. I am so devastated.

I rescued the "3 little piggies" in June. Spirit and Scabbers have now passed. Sunstroke is the only one left, and she seems to be doing great. She has a long coat of snowy white and red eyes. She stands up on her hind legs for kisses now (compared to her former shy self when Spirit had to take care of her). Please say a prayer that she wont leave me as well. If you can, please light a candle for my Scabbers tonight. He was such an incredible piggy.
Again, the rest of the herd seems subdued tonight.

And then there were 17.........
Grieving in Tennessee,
Erin