[Gpdd] rainbow bridge: Scabbers

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 19:48:02 EST 2005

Hello Erin

I am so sorry that you lost another flea market pig.
It is important for them to have mother's milk. They
may also be inbreeds. That man certainly wouldn't have
cared to inbreed. Sometimes they are born with heart
defects, etc that we don't know about.
I had one,Sophie, that was diagnosed with congestive
heart failure before she was one. She died at a year
and a half from heart and renal failure. The vet said
she would have had to be born with a heart defect to
be in trouble so soon.
You can be glad that you saved them from that horrible
man and gave them the love and care that they so
needed and appreciated. At least Scabbers didn't
suffer long. I think that is always more devastating
to watch them go slowly.
Loosing the pigs we love too soon is one of the down
sides to rescuing abused animals, but someone needs to
do it. I know your heartbreaking and angry feelings. I
commend you on your gallant efforts with these guinea
pigs. You showed them the good life!

Dawnda

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven