[Gpdd] Health: feeding cranberry juice

SUSAN EASTIN susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 26 10:31:22 EST 2005

The Okie Piggies love their juice, too.  We usually use crangrape or cranraspberry, but we
dilute it with water, and then spike it a bit with a drop or two of their vitamins. But due to
the sugar content (ever taste a raw cranberry?), this is not a daily thing. I have added a
bit to their water bottle occasionally, but then feel I need to clean it even more thoroughly.
Plus I like the way it keeps them 'syringe friendly' - they will try to grab the end of the
syringe and take it away from me!  But this is a great way to get additional fluids or
vitamins or medicine into them quickly, so it remains an occasional treat. Also on those
special occasions, as when toasting a special friend, celebrating birthdays, etc..
If you cannot get the juice, maybe a small amount of the drink would be ok occasionally,
but maybe you can mix it with some grape juice. What is available in concentrate form,
or even baby foods?  I'll bet Australia has other juices that we don't have that would be
good, but I'd sure check it out thoroughly first, there is such a long list of things that
piggies shouldn't have.
Cheers!
Susi and the Okie Piggies
Snowy (who, also is white, but the cranberry mustache isn't the only added coloring we
have to contend with!), CocoPuff, Lil' Whistle & Rosie
Hotshot & Buzzz