[Gpdd] Health: Spurs

Marie.McDermott at CliffordChance.com Marie.McDermott at CliffordChance.com
Wed Jan 26 12:19:32 EST 2005

I have two little piglets, Emmett and Frodo.  Frodo has had spurs.  I have
taken him to the vet and have gotten some of it clipped off, but some of it
is still there.  I hate seeing them on his front paws.  Now, I've read that
it could be the cage, but I use Coloplast as a base and plenty of pine
bedding to keep it nice and soft for them.  I also change their bedding
every day to keep their area nice and clean.  While I clean their pen, I
place them in another pen which consists of two quilts, one on top of each
other, so that's not rough on their feet either.   I also read that it could
be hereditary. I check both of them periodically for this.   I was wondering
if any of you had any suggestions on what else I could do.

*******

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.

For further information about Clifford Chance please see our website at http://www.cliffordchance.com or refer to any Clifford Chance office.