[Gpdd] Health: Re: PetsMart/Piggie Patrol

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 13:53:54 EST 2005

Susi,
It's Good to see you posting again!!!
I always love to hear of my Fellow Slaves'
Piggie Patrolling activities. And I think
it's Great that you try to educate those
out there that are thinking of opening
their homes to a piggie.

When I'm at our local PetsMart, I usually
find myself discouraging families from getting
a little piggie. Ironic, huh? If I see a
family with small children who are running
around and screaming and yelling around
the piggies, I take notice. And then I go
to work: I start talking to the Parents
and telling him how much work guinea pigs
are, and how my Brownie Bear BITES! (I even
show them a couple of scars--ha ha) Yeah,
I tell them how some children (not all,
but some) will quickly lose interest once
the novelty has worn off. I will tell them
every Negative thing I can think of, just
to keep them from purchasing a pig. Now, I
can usually tell if a family is Really
interested in providing a proper home for
a pig and obviously, I would be more
encouraging to them.

But, that rarely happens...

By the way, I notice you have two new pigs,
Hotshot & Buzzz. But, I thought you had 2
new piggies named Mickey Nemo & Monty Tiger
(???). Did you rename them? I think wheeee
all would Love to hear more about your new
piggies!!

WELCOME to Hotshot & Buzz!!!

   Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeps,
     Leah...Slave to BB & BS :-)

"...More than once, as I was checking on the piggies
and talking to them, etc, I drew the attention of
other customers, who instantly fell in love with the
little guys. This gave me an opportunity to share a
bit of information, like proper food and housing, and
some satisfaction when I saw them leaving the store
with a piggie or two and lots of supplies..."