[Gpdd] Misc: Food Choices

mtjaffe at verizon.net mtjaffe at verizon.net
Fri Jan 28 13:53:22 EST 2005

Our dearly departed Lightning LOVED basil and blueberries -- both hard and expensive to get unless it is July/August.  I used to buy blueberries at the height of their season and freeze them for him so he could have them all winter.  Lucky will have nothing to do with either of them.  Like Bud's slave I have thrown out more cilantro than I care to think about, and the same goes for dill -- sometimes he will gobble it and other times he leaves it to wilt in his dish. Again, he knows his veggies because his absolute favorite stuff (dandelion greens and radicchio ) come from a local organic farmers' market that comes to our neighborhood during the summer months. I have one vendor who puts aside his best stuff for Lucky.  As a good slave, I juggle my schedule on Tuesdays to make sure I'm there to pick up his goodies! My husband always says that's why his name is Lucky -- because he is...