[Gpdd] misc ~good thoughts and wishes!

shim1990 at adelphia.net shim1990 at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 29 13:07:39 EST 2005

The girls and I would like to send out our best regards to Potter and to Lokai.  We are keeping them in our prayers.
We would also like you all to join us in a belated happy birthday to Corkster, who turned a fat, fiesty, one on January 20!  She's very upset that I've taken so long to acknowledge her birthday...she doesn't accept illness and/or blizzard as any excuse for such negligence!  The pile of romaine evidently was small consolation.
I would also like to tell all the members of the GPDD about a wonderful experience I had last wheek.  I am a teaching assistant at our local middle school, and have made friends with a student who has overcome alot of home/emotional issues through her love of animals and membership in the local 4H rabbit and cavy club.  The student asked me to be her guest at their last meeting.  What a great group of kids and adult leaders!  Not only did they display great care and concern for their animals, they were respectful and supportive of eachother.  It was evident that, to this group, the animals' well being is number one.  All the kids and mentors were extremely knowledgable about both rabbits and guinea pigs and their care.  The also have an entire program dedicated to foster care and adoption.  I can't say enough good things about the group.  The future of our beloved guinea pigs (and rabbits) is safe in the hands of these kids!!
                            Judi, Porky, Petunia, and Corkster
           Remembering always Corky and Gaylord