[Gpdd] health: Lokai's bad diet

schumann at bellsouth.net schumann at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 30 16:15:47 EST 2005

A couple of you have written privately and asked what kind of bad diet I gave Lokai when she was little.  For all of you who have contacted (on the digest and privately) thanks for your concern and your prayers.  Please remember that her littermate Tribble is perfectly healthy.

It's not necessarily what I fed her as a baby, it's HOW MUCH I fed her.  I didn't feed them good pellets and I fed them wayyyyyyy too much carrots and other things high in sugar.  They now get Oxbow Cavy Cuisine and only half a baby carrot each per day.  They also get a few other veggies but I have to restrict them to encourage Lokai to eat her hay and her vitamin C.

The moral of this tale, thus far, is not to overfeed your fur babies and to be sure that your vet gives dental check ups.

Jan
 Mom to Tribble and Lokai