[Gpdd] [Miscellaneous] Piggie Books and Update on my pig

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 30 20:25:37 EST 2005

Hi to all the slaves and piggies out there!
I am thinking about buying "Piggy Potions" by Peter Gurney and "Guinea Piglopaedia: A Complete Guide to Guinea Pig Care" by Margaret Elward and Mett Ruelokke.
Does anyone have either of these books and if you do, are they good?  Are they worth buying?  I currently have "The Proper Care of Guinea Pigs" by Peter Gurney and I have another one by someone else that isn't even worth reading.  Thinking about putting that book on eBay and hope someone buys it.

Now an update on my boar, Cupcakers.  I had him to the vet again on Saturday where they filed and trimmed his molars again and incisors.  He had an abscess in the back of his mouth which is better.  The vet found some food impacted in his cheek and teeth and a spur on one of his teeth that was removed.   The vet also gave me some dehydration liquid called Rebound, that I have to give 3 cc's 4 times a day.  The vet said he wasn't dehydrated yet but gave this just in case.  He said I was doing a really good job with him.  If I were, why would he continue to lose weight?  I feel like a really bad slave.

My poor little guy is just so out of it.  Doesn't want to drink or eat when I syringe feed him.  He just lets the food lay in his mouth.  How am I suppose to get him to eat it?  I take the syringe and move it around in his mouth so he starts to grind but stops right away.  He looks really horrible and in my heart I don't feel he is going to make it.  He goes back to the vet again in 2 weeks for another check-up on his teeth.

I just pray that he will make it.

Lisa

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"