[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Busy Boyz

SUSAN EASTIN susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 31 12:39:36 EST 2005

We just got a good start on our Valentines, and just have to go back and finish up.
The OP's are really excited about it - Rosie keeps getting the List down of who we
are sending Valentines out to and working on it on her own (I tell her she needs to
wait, or I won't be able to read the addresses!)
But those little Boyz are something else!  I really must sit down and read
to them from one of these gp books and get them lined out!  Last night I sat
down on my bed with Buzzz a few minutes, petting him and talking to him,
trying to convince him to be still for a moment. (These are the guys who will
constantly climb onto and around my arm, perching on it like a bird, always
in a hurry to go somewhere - they will even try to climb DOWN the front of me,
head first!)  He did sit and look at me while he sampled the button on my shirt,
then he was off again.  I thought - no harm, it's a hard button . . . well, when I
went to take it off later, I discovered the button was GONE!   Luckily I found it
on the floor - he'd just pulled it off, didn't swallow it!  As I've mentioned before,
they are in the old cage, 14 x 28, with a large lid on the top which I leave open
most of the time when I'm home, closing it at night or when I leave.
Pigs don't jump or climb. Says so in the books.  This morning, as every
morning, I pulled back the towel I drape across the top at night (we always did
this for our birds, I don't know if they like it or not), opened the lid back and
petted the Boyz and talked to them, then went off to get a cup of coffee and
the Parsley.  When I came back and started to give them their Parslies, there
was Hotshot, standing up to reach for his, but no Buzzz!  I looked behind the
cage, and there he sat, comfortable in the easy chair for the piggies that is
sitting on a shelf just behind the cage! (all this under the table holding the condo
for LW & Rosie)  What a clown!  The trouble, of course, is that he could have
gone on from there. So now I must stop everything to design a new home for
the Boyz, and keep that lid closed in the meantime!  It's clear they want more
room, and when they get to go 'upstairs' to say hello to the Big Guys (through
the panels, of course), they are obviously getting ideas.  They seem most
impressed when they see Rosie dashing up her ramp to her upstairs bedroom,
or Snowy lounging on a landing between ramps. These little guys are too clever
for their own good!  (except for their belief that they can fly! I don't think they're
afraid of anything!)
Hopefully the new Piggie Home Makeover won't take too long, and we can soon
get back to finishing the Valentines!  Well, it's off to WalMart!
Time to decorate the condo's for VDay, anyway!
Wheeks to all -
Susi and the Okie Piggies,
Snowy, CocoPuff, Lil' Whistle & Rosie
Hotshot & Houdini Buzzz