[Gpdd] MISC: going away

Lyndsay Hunter lyndsayhunter1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 13:46:29 EDT 2005

Lisa,
We know how you feel about going away without your piggies...we tried to go away once and leave the pigs (a knowledgable pig-sitter was going to come over to visit twice a day) but we got two miles down the road and had to turn around to go get them and bring them with us.  I think I would have been okay if we could have left them at someone's house, but the idea of leaving them home alone all weekend didn't sound too great.
Has anyone thought of starting a list of willing pig sitters that would watch your piggies in their own house instead of coming over to yours?  They would get lots more attention and you wouldn't have to worry about what could happen if no one was there all day.  (It's been really hot here, and though we have an air conditioner, it shuts off if the power blinks and doesn't go back on.  It could get way too hot in there with no A/C and  closed windows...I worry too much, I think.)
Anyway, I love having more pigs over from time to time.  It wouldn't even have to be someone in your area doing the pig-sitting...just someone who happened to be on the way to your vacation destination (unless of course you fly).   Of course this would be a little more difficult if you have a lot of pigs.  Fortunately, we have been able to take ours with us everywhere we have gone, but we do want to go camping sometime, and that definitely wouldn't work for piggies.  Any thoughts?

Lyndsay, Mike, and the Pittsburgh Peepers (Molly, Emily, Lucy, Stella, Hannah, and Guinness)