[Gpdd] Health: Snowball's Teeth again and chin slings ?

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Fri Jul 1 21:55:50 EDT 2005

Hi Piggie Friends!

Tony, Snickers and I are saying prayers tonight for my baby Snowball who
had to stay at the vet's overnight. He is getting his back molars
trimmed yet again. The first time was June 14.

Having read on guinea lynx about chin slings, and then meeting someone
at the vet's who actually knows the chin sling inventor, I asked Dr.
Antinoff today about that option for Snowball. She knows about it and
thinks it has the possibility of helping him get used to moving his
slack jaw muscles correctly. Enough to grind down those "teefies."

I posted on Guinea Lynx today asking about it, and to my surprise,
today, on the very same day, the other person looking for advice on how
to acquire one is also named Carla with a gpig named Brownie. Somebody
else told how to get in contact with the chin sling maker.

So I'd like to know: Does anyone on the gpdd have any experience with a
chin sling? Or know anyone who does?

Update: Since beginning this post he got his teeth done. The doctor
called and expressed concern tonight on how very badly misaligned two of
Snowball's molars are. She is asking about various causes, such as an
injury or a tumor. I am pleased that she can be very thorough. She can't
imagine trimming his teeth every two weeks and, well, I can't either. So
all the more reason to see if a chin sling can help him.

Snowball is such a sweet guinea pig, you might call him a "guinea pig's
guinea pig". Thanks for listening. We appreciate any ideas. I will see
if I can contact Jan (mom to Lokai) as well.

Carla Snickers and Snowball with Tony and Fluff