[Gpdd] Misc: Where is the Best Place to Get Our Pet?

debbiej15 at alltel.net debbiej15 at alltel.net
Sun Jul 3 17:38:07 EDT 2005

Hello everyone. I am new to this list. We nothing about guinea pigs and have never had one.

We are thinking of a guinea pig for our 5 year old twin daughters who are showing great signs of responsibility and are seriously asking for a pet. We are the type family that thinks a pet is a family member for its entire lifetime so we are not taking looking into this lightly and doing a lot of research and asking lots of questions.

It has been suggested that, in order to get a healthy pet, look for a local breeder and do not buy from a pet store. There are no local breeders in my area nor are there any guinea pigs available at our local humane societies or rescue services. My questions is this: Are we doing the wrong thing by buying from a pet store?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Debbie