[Gpdd] Re: [CARE] <Smoke and piggies>

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Sun Jul 3 20:20:20 EDT 2005

In regard to burning incense in a room where piggies are, I would recommend
against it.  The lungs of piggies are four-lobed, and when a piggie senses
smoke (say, out in the wild in a forest fire), he will close off all but
one lobe of the lung.  When the danger has passed, he'll open up the other
lobes.  Thus, three of the lobes will be fine, but one might be
damaged.  It's my worry that your piggies might be sensing the smoke and
closing off three lobes, leading to damage in the fourth.

On a personal note, it's difficult for me to be around incense, even though
I like the scent of it.  I was in a yoga class once where incense was being
burned, and even though it was all the way across the room, it did bother me.

HTH,
Cindy, Sunshine, and Tumbleweed, missing Joey G.