[Gpdd] HEALTH: Mammary Tumor

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 14:18:13 EDT 2005

Hi Lisa

The mammary gland tumor will keep growing,
unfortunately.  My, Sabrina, had one when she was two
years old. It started pressing on her bladder and I
could tell she was having discomfort. She came through
the surgery well, but she was two.
I guess you will have to have the surgery when it
becomes a problem. It sounds very big now. Sabrina's
was not quite that big. He did say it was bigger after
he got in there though. I was surprised at how long
the incision was to take hers out though. I guess the
longer you wait the bigger the incision.
I know it is a hard decision to make. If you go ahead
with the surgery, insist on some pain meds to take
home with you. He will not eat if he is in a lot of
pain.

Dawnda

http://www.embark.to/guineapighaven

http://www.pigs9.blinkz.com