[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Mammary tumour and eye problem

Dr Kay Dudman kdudman at lgu.ac.uk
Mon Jul 4 12:55:14 EDT 2005

Dear Lisa

What a difficult decision to have to make.  I would ask your Vet to
explain the benefits and risks associated with each option and take
his/her advice as to the best way to proceed.  If your Vet recommends
removal of the mammary tumour, then I think you should do that.  There
could be severe problems if you leave it, particularly if Murray ends up
with septicaemia (that would be horrible).  If it is possible to remove
the tumour, that would be of benefit, because it could also affect the
internal organs as it grows.

As far as the eye is concerned, I wonder if it is calcification (calcium
deposits in the eye tissue, on the iris)?  I know one of my piggies has
this (together with a cataract), and it doesn't seem to bother her at
all>.  It doesn't need any treatment.

Best wishes

Kay