[Gpdd] Care: Re: Free Range Piggies

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 11:40:34 EDT 2005

Hey Shweta!
My piggies are free range too. And my boy--
Butterscotch sleeps under our bed at night.
Hubby and I have a king-size bed and I can't
squeeze under it anymore cuz I'm all grown
up, so I had to figure a way to get under there
and clean up my boy's poopies and stuff. So,
I had some extra pieces of coroplast left
over and thought, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

So, I started keeping a decent-sized piece
of coroplast under our bed. And I put 4 layers
of big towels on it. And then 1 layer of 2
hand towels on top of that in the area that
he hangs out the most. I change the 2 hand
towels once a day and then I do a full change
once a wheeeeeeeek. (Now, if your piggies are
under your bed most of the time, then I would
probably change the top layer of towels 2 times
a day, and then do a full change 2-3 times a
wheeeeeek).

The nice thing about keeping the sheet of
coroplast under there is that it 1.) protects
your carpet, and 2.) makes it easier for you
to change the towels since you can pull the
whole sheet out, change the towels, and then
just push the sheet back under. And I would
think that that should help with the odor
problems too. If you walked into my bedroom,
you would never know Butterscotch had his own
little castle under our bed.

Butterscotch says, "Hidey Ho, my Little
Poopsies! All ya'll need is some coroplast
down there under the bed, and you'll be smellin'
FRESH in no time...Yeeeeeee Haw!"

    Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
      Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear and
                          Butterscotch :-)

hello all --

i have two free range piggies who go by poopsies or
herbie and kerbie. they are free range and mostly
live under my bed and then come out to eat in their
food boxes.  ive put several bed sheets under my bed
so they dont ruin the carpet. but it has and its
getting a lil funky smelling. SO need help with
other ideas.

what else can i do so my room doesnt funk up and
dont need to shampoo hte carpet too much? what are
some of hte living arrangements that other use?

thank you so much!

shweta and poopsies