[Gpdd] [RESCUE] Wakefield, MA 14 - Update

Karen Brown shanclan2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 6 12:11:53 EDT 2005

Is there a problem again with messages being bounced?
I tried to send this one over the holiday weekend:

Here's how the foster care provider described
conditions there:

"The situation is chaotic at best...a nice woman whose
situation is out of control, judging from her
environment.  Pigs cleaned yesterday, so I couldn't
vouch for the normal conditions.  Pigs all plump and
clear eyed, with food, water, and igloos.  Again, I
know she cleaned/fed yesterday, so I can't vouch for
the food/water situation.  However no pigs looked
dehydrated or underfed. She seemed relatively
knowledgeable about basic feeding...sent a bag of blue
seal gp feed for the two boars I took.  Left in the
house is one (adult) boar in a cage by himself, three
younger boars caged together, one boar loose in the
"guinea pig room" (Unable to catch him...the room is
jam packed with furniture, as in warehouse type
setting ) and 5-6 females in one cage, varying from
one baby, to "teens" to adults.  Stuffy room, needless
to say."

The rescuer removed three - two boars and a young sow.
 (The boars now have a new home.)  Sadly another adult
boar died suddenly.

Karen J. Brown
gentle hands & kindly words petsitting