[Gpdd] behaviour: dominant pig and wounded cage mate

Mikey pandameisje at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:33:40 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I am somewhat concerned about my brothers guinea pigs. He has two
males pigs and one of them is very very dominant! When i was there
last weekend the calm one, called Robbie, was bad on both side flanks,
probably inflicted by the dominant one, Radje. Yesterday I heard from
my brother that they had been separated because Radje probably had
wounded robbie on his left side. I told them that they could try to
keep them in the same cage separated by some fence. so that they don't
get to lonely and maybe get used to each other without being able to
wound to other.
I am quite sad that they can't be together. I hope robbie will be okay
and hopefully they will be able to get along without these woundings.
Does anyone have any other ideas how to get them together peacefully?
they have been together for at least 6 months, and never really got
along very well, but they never wounded each other. So i'm a bit
afraid they will not be able to be together at all.
It might be that it went wrong because my two girls were there for a
couple of days. But the actual wounding took place after my girls had
left.
Also if anyone has any ideas about how to take care of robbie's wound,
this would be very helpful. the side of him is open and the upperskin
was very much damaged i understood.

I hope one of you can help!
thanks in advance
Mikey